WHY MY GRADE SHOULD BE RAISED
1. There must be a mistake somewhere.
2. At no time during the exam did I recieve an official warning; therefore, relying upon the college, I merely maintained my grade. Surely this should been a satisfactory grade.
3. I know many members of the class who do not work as hard as I do and who got a better grade. I am reconized among my classmates as a good student. Just ask any one of them.
4. I was not well at the time of the exam.
5. This mark ruined my prospect of getting a scholarship.
6. This mark grieved my parents whose pride I am.
7. This is the only course in which I received a poor grade.
8. It is not a higher mark which I seek. I care notning for marks. I think marks are wicked and I disapprove of them. However, this pernicious system of which I am the victim requires marks for achieveing success, and therefore, I seek a higher grade.
9. Several people around me copied from my paper during the exam, yet they received higher marks than I. Surely, this is not fair.
10. I live far away frm the college and I feel this extra travel should have been considered when you gave me my grade.
11. I have studied this subject from the broad philosophical viewpoint and, trherefore, I was unable to answer your technicl catch-questions.
12. The questions are ambigous and therefore my answers should be graded according to the reasonable interpretations that I made of your questions.
13. The exam was unfair and unfairly distributed over the subject.
14. I have to work after school and at nights. Therefore, I should be given a break.
15. The reason I did not do better is because I am very honest. I do not wish to say anything against any of the other members of the class.
16. My mind always goes blank during an exam.
17. I would have done much better if I had taken the other exam you gave to the student next to me.
18. Conditions in the room were not conducive to concentration.